Review Of Basic Engineering And Detail Engineering Of New Jetty
The project consisted of the development of Conceptual Design, Basic Engineering Review and Detailed Engineering for El Palito Refinery's new jetty. All, electro-mechanical, civil works, instrumentation and control facilities were designed to handle the following products: crude oil, MDO, Jet Fuel, Kerosene, Lubricants, Benzene, Methanol, Bunker C, VGO, Fuel Oil, Gasoline (leaded and unleaded), Naphtha, Isobutane and Tetraethyl lead.
The following designs were performed:
- Access bridge 1267 m in long and 20,6 m wide.
- 2 loading platforms 39 m x 18 m.
- 4 berthing dolphins with fenders to absorb 332 t-m berthing energy.
- 8 mooring dolphins with quick release hooks 120 t capacity.
- Auxiliary Platform for firefighting equipment.
- Both Loading Platforms were equipped with eight (8) loading arms
- Piping, manifolds, valves and accessories for handling of 15 products.
- The two platforms are interconnected.
- The terminal is equipped with fire detection and fighting systems, compressed air, Nitrogen and ballast reception.
- A hydraulic ladder was installed on each platform to access the vessels.